My BFF Lisa, over at Growing up Mo’, tagged me to do this meme. It’s been a long day, but I think I can come up with 8 random facts….
Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog post, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their name.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
Here are 8 random things about me:
- I do not have a dishwasher. I wash all of our dishes by hand. I’ve been hand washing dishes for a good chunk of my life since we didn’t have a dish washer in the house I spent years 10-18 in either.
- My first name is Virginia. It is/was also my mother’s, my grandmother’s, and great-grandmother’s first name. Virginia is my daughter’s middle name. I had to shake up the tradition just a little.
- I haven’t spoken to my dad in almost 3 years. Long story short (and I plan to post the long story soon), he was a jerk, I am stubborn, he is stubborn and that’s that.
- My wedding ring is 120 years old. It was my great-great grandmother’s wedding ring. My husband got off real cheap when we got engaged!
- I am allergic to cats.
- When I was growing up, my grandma called me Munchkin. All.the.time. Actually she called me that until she passed away in 2002. I miss being called Munchkin, but it was special between us, so no one else is aloud to call me that. EVER.
- I love to read. Books, magazines, blogs, websites, the back of shampoo bottles, tampon boxes. You name it and I’ve read it.
- I’ve been trying so hard, but still haven’t mastered indoor photography sans flash. It drives me insane. I get the lighting right, but the subjects (think Mia & BJ) are blurry. If they’re not blurry, the photo is WAY underexposed. I have some awesome natural light in my house and I just want to learn how to harness it.
Okay, is that random enough for you?!